The Week of April 23 – 29, 2018
New Pastor “Update”
On May 6th the man we are recommending for Senior Pastor will preach during our morning service and then host the Sunday School hour so that you can get to know him and his family. We will gather again Sunday evening to vote on calling him as our pastor. There will be NO children’s Sunday school on the 6th. Also, there will be no nursery during the Sunday school hour or during the evening congregational meeting. You are encouraged to bring your children into the sanctuary during these times so they can see and hear. Please be in prayer these next two weeks for Westminster, for our candidate and for his current church.
This Week & Beyond
Midweek Ministries at WPC: The following opportunities for fellowship, growth and service are available on Wednesday nights at WPC—
- Adult Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 pm
- Student Choir Rehearsals:
- Youth Ensemble (6th-12th graders), 5:45-6:15,
- Student Choir (2nd-5th graders), 6:15-6:45
- Beginning Choir (4s-1st graders), 6:45-7:15
- Wednesday Night Youth Group meets in the parlor for a light meal at 6:15 pm, followed by group time and Bible study on Disciplines of Grace by Jerry Bridges from 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
Growth Groups for Adults: We offer several men’s, women’s, and mixed groups for study, fellowship and prayer throughout the week. To see the full list of available groups, pick up an information card at the Resource Center in the lobby or select ‘Adult Groups and Classes’ under ‘Ministries’ on the homepage of the church website or CLICK HERE.
Serving one another: One of the privileges we have as brothers and sisters in Christ is to care for each other. A sister of ours, Delores Likos, has need for home repairs and maintenance which she cannot do herself. Our deacons have taken this on to minister to her but need your help as well. We will have a work day at Delores’ home on May 12th to begin addressing these. If you have “skills” we need your help. We will be replacing a garage door, crawl space access door, facia and a number of other outdoor tasks. If you have tools, skills and a can-do attitude, please consider joining us. You can sign up on the blue sheet beginning this Sunday. Paul Galloway and Art McKinney are the primary Deacon contacts if you have questions.
Below are opportunities to support our youth:
- Parents Night Out: Parents, come and enjoy a night out and help our students pay for the Palmer Home Mission Trip. Childcare will be offered in the church nursery on Friday, May 11th from 6 – 9 pm. You may sign up on the blue sheet today. Cost is $20.00 for one child, $30 for two children, and $40 for three or more children. Questions? Please contact Jes Wendland at email@example.com.
- Hire our students and put them to work! We will be sending our students to homes on May 12 to rake leaves, paint fences, weed flowerbeds or whatever other manual labor tasks you might have. Our students will split into groups with one chaperone per group and be sent to divide and conquer your list of work to be done. If you would like help at your home, please sign up on the Blue Sheet this Sunday. We will contact you to obtain a list of work to be done.
Graduate Sunday at WPC: Once again this year we plan to recognize our graduates on Sunday, May 13, during the morning worship service. Following the service, we will serve refreshments in the lobby for a light reception. If someone in your family will graduate in May or has graduated in December 2017 (from high school, college, or post-graduate program), please let us know as soon as possible so we can honor their accomplishment. You can email the information to Jes Wendland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SERVING||Sunday: April 29, 2018|
|NURSERY – Morning Worship||Carol Evans, Catherine Henderson|
|NURSERY – Sunday School||Taylor Thompson|
|NURSERY – Evening Worship||David & Nicole Perrin|
|HEAD USHER||Jay Lauderdale|
|SEXTON COUNTER||Nate VanKirk, John Gunn|
|COFFEE FELLOWSHIP||Greg Lewis|
|COMMUNION SET UP||—–|